Parish Support and Observations Group (PSOG) MilSim Team Website
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:48 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28741511/


lmao, Wow. That is epic.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
Snowzak
Senior Medical Officer
Senior Medical Officer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 88
Age : 25
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't get it... Sad

_________________
Parish One Two
Senior Medical Officer/Radio Telephone Operator
Senior Operator

Tokyo Marui M16A1VN/XM16E1 AEG
KWA M945 GBB
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/saigonpete
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Snowzak wrote:
I don't get it... Sad

Mad What's not to get? He's challenging Al Gore and Global Warming by making an ICE STATUE and leaving it outside. And it hasn't melted. And yeah, it's in Alaska... but if giant ice chunks are melting from ANTARCTICA, surely this ice statue would have melted by now.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
Snowzak
Senior Medical Officer
Senior Medical Officer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 88
Age : 25
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 pm

ICE IS OVERPOWERED
NERF THE ICE

_________________
Parish One Two
Senior Medical Officer/Radio Telephone Operator
Senior Operator

Tokyo Marui M16A1VN/XM16E1 AEG
KWA M945 GBB
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/saigonpete
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 pm

lol slight misconception there. The ice in antarctica melts not from the sunlight or temperature but from the increased water temp. If its not touching the water its not really gonna melt. Its like if i put an ice cube 10 feet away from a boiling pool of water in the 27 degree weather we are having now and the ice cube doesnt melt that means global warming doesnt exist? it wouldnt make sence that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:24 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
lol slight misconception there. The ice in antarctica melts not from the sunlight or temperature but from the increased water temp. If its not touching the water its not really gonna melt. Its like if i put an ice cube 10 feet away from a boiling pool of water in the 27 degree weather we are having now and the ice cube doesnt melt that means global warming doesnt exist? it wouldnt make sence that way.

Except GLOBAL Warming is supposed to be global, and it's supposed to get warmer everywhere, not just in Antarctica.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:44 pm

it is global glaciers everywhere are melting not only in antarctica water temperatures are steadily increasing across the world. Its so messed up now that polar bears and penguins have been found dead. Usualy not that surprising except for the fact that they drowned. which means ice is melting wayyyy to quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 am

asianboy10123 wrote:
it is global glaciers everywhere are melting not only in antarctica water temperatures are steadily increasing across the world. Its so messed up now that polar bears and penguins have been found dead. Usualy not that surprising except for the fact that they drowned. which means ice is melting wayyyy to quickly.


http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Story?id=3061015&page=1


This does a good job of explaining how Global Warming is dramatized and overhyped. I'm not saying it doesn't exist.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 pm

its not dramatized though. The timeframe is just misunderstood. concenquences will come from it just pretty far from now. Most of the people that worry about too much are caused by the media. I do agree on one part though. There are WAYY to many myths and strage worrys about global warming. Considering the fact that humans survived ice ages and stuff with only sticks we will definatley make it through watever comes next. The only quams i have about it is that i dun like the fact that we are altering the natural regulation of temperature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:22 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
its not dramatized though. The timeframe is just misunderstood. concenquences will come from it just pretty far from now. Most of the people that worry about too much are caused by the media. I do agree on one part though. There are WAYY to many myths and strage worrys about global warming. Considering the fact that humans survived ice ages and stuff with only sticks we will definatley make it through watever comes next. The only quams i have about it is that i dun like the fact that we are altering the natural regulation of temperature.


How'd you go from "I've never said it wasn't exaggerated" to all that? Now you're just trying to start another debate. Razz

Point is, I think the media is blowing the situation out of proportion to promote "green" products which cost more, and I'm not gonna be a part of it. I'd rather focus on completely clear man-made problems like nuclear proliferation before I worry about the Earth telling us to fuck off. Razz

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:23 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
The timeframe is just misunderstood. concenquences will come from it just pretty far from now. Most of the people that worry about too much are caused by the media. I do agree on one part though. There are WAYY to many myths and strage worrys about global warming.

That basically means that it's dramatized.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:24 pm

[quote="Venom713"]
asianboy10123 wrote:
The timeframe is just misunderstood. concenquences will come from it just pretty far from now. Most of the people that worry about too much are caused by the media. I do agree on one part though. There are WAYY to many myths and strage worrys about global warming.

That's what dramatizing something is... Razz

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 pm

actually dramatized means that it is overly exadurated or somewhere along those lines. Its not its just gonna happen later then what most normal people think it will. and plus green products that you say cost more actually end up saving you more money because they last longer. And considering the fact that probably a good 60-80% of all companies hate making green products because it raises production costs. And if corporations support global warming theories why dont they all sign the kyoto accord instead of trying to find more ways to avoid it?

Global warming is clearly man made though. Before it wasnt because we had probably triple or quadruple the amount of volcanoes spewing carbon. But nowadays there are alot less.
Also nuclear proliferation is an impossibility. If you dont have nukes or the money to fight against nukes then big contries dont even listen to anything you have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:58 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
actually dramatized means that it is overly exadurated or somewhere along those lines. Its not its just gonna happen later then what most normal people think it will. and plus green products that you say cost more actually end up saving you more money because they last longer. And considering the fact that probably a good 60-80% of all companies hate making green products because it raises production costs. And if corporations support global warming theories why dont they all sign the kyoto accord instead of trying to find more ways to avoid it?

Global warming is clearly man made though. Before it wasnt because we had probably triple or quadruple the amount of volcanoes spewing carbon. But nowadays there are alot less.
Also nuclear proliferation is an impossibility. If you dont have nukes or the money to fight against nukes then big contries dont even listen to anything you have to say.

Dramatized can also mean that it's under false urgency. I don't understand what you just said about nuclear proliferation..

Nuclear proliferation is when one nation after another comes into possession of, or into the right to determine the use of, nuclear weapons; each nation becomes potentially able to launch a nuclear attack upon another nation. It's basically the spread of nuclear weapons, but you just said "nuclear proliferation is an impossibility". I'm guessing there was a misunderstanding just now.. lol

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:06 pm

not really nuclear proliferation is also keeping other nations from getting nuclear weapons. Its impossible to do that because theres no incentive not to get them. And unless you posses nuclear weapons or something of equal worth contries dont respect you as much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
not really nuclear proliferation is also keeping other nations from getting nuclear weapons. Its impossible to do that because theres no incentive not to get them. And unless you posses nuclear weapons or something of equal worth contries dont respect you as much.

I disagree. Proliferation is the spread of nuclear weapons. Stopping the spread of nukes to other countries is not nuclear proliferation. See the 'Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty'.

Oh and another thing, if you control a lot of trade and in some cases have oil (Iraq and Iran don't count, they are/were run by nutcases), countries still respect you. (If China didn't have nukes, no one would fuck with it because it is a HUGE export country)

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
asianboy10123
PSOG Operator
PSOG Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 199
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:47 pm

hmmm it appears ur right. ok then Stoping proliferation is impossible then.
anyway its not true about the respect thing. Before china aquired their nuclear weapons they were not in the big 5. So their vote didnt really matter as much. And the US had the ability to sielence china about taiwan. Nowadays the US sends people to taiwan anually to get them to shut up about their independance. And anyway the huge export and economy is of equal value to nukes because u can also crush countries quickly economically. And oil is almost up to that level but not quite. Like Saudi Arabia. That country kinda you know sucks. They keep braging about oil but their status isnt really changing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com/
Venom713
Admin/Senior Operator
Admin/Senior Operator
avatar

Male Number of posts : 223
Age : 24
Location : East Brunswick, New Jersey
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 pm

asianboy10123 wrote:
hmmm it appears ur right. ok then Stoping proliferation is impossible then.
anyway its not true about the respect thing. Before china aquired their nuclear weapons they were not in the big 5. So their vote didnt really matter as much. And the US had the ability to sielence china about taiwan. Nowadays the US sends people to taiwan anually to get them to shut up about their independance. And anyway the huge export and economy is of equal value to nukes because u can also crush countries quickly economically. And oil is almost up to that level but not quite. Like Saudi Arabia. That country kinda you know sucks. They keep braging about oil but their status isnt really changing.

Oh, okay. Good point.

_________________
Parish One Zero
Team Leader
Senior Operator
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://parishsog.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article   

Back to top Go down
 
Icy depiction of Al Gore in Alaska - MSN Article
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Nike Elite Frank Gore...real?
» GOLDRUSH ALASKA, BERING SEA GOLD, GOLDFATHERS
» Float tubing in Alaska
» Beach Mining - Nome Alaska
» Kokatat gore tex dry suit / K1 Racing Kayak / C1 Slalom boat

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parish Support and Observations Group (PSOG) :: The Lobby :: R & R-
Jump to: